Dan Pardi is simply what you may call a bonafide health enthusiast. He was always interested in health sciences but focused more on sports science when he got injured in highschool, as a way to know more about his body and fix it himself. He became involved in what he calls a Lifestyle Intervention Research where studied the health behaviors of groups of people which eventually lead to him starting Dan’s Plan, a program that aims to help a person to have an optimal and healthy lifestyle.
Today we’re going to talk about a known subject in FFR: the effects of light on sleep and our body’s circadian biology.
“There’s no part of the body that goes untouched when you’re not getting adequate sleep.” Dan Pardi
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- About 10-15 years ago, topics on microbiota and circadian biology were all about nutrition and exercise and we’re just now seeing how other factors such as sleep and light exposure affect human health.
- Sleep is not something people should overlook. Shrugging sleep off will cause detrimental effects on our health.
- One bad night isn’t that bad but chronic lack of sleep, such as when you have sleep disorders, can have devastating effects to our health.
- Certain apps can help remove or reduce blue light from your devices.
- Light coming thru the eye is what mostly controls the master clock in the body.
- Light inside the house can have an effect on what of time your brain thinks it is and can lead to circadian misalignment.
- Most people have legitimate sleep issues but they can be fixable without the need of medication just by getting the right information.
- We’re always going to be learning, there’s always more information out there. We can’t use that as an excuse to not do what we do know to be healthy now.
Connect with Dan Pardi:
Mentioned in this episode:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.