Join the DIY movement and make these stocking stuffers! Created with essential oils and organic ingredients from NOW® Solutions, these homemade bath bombs, lotion bars and body scrubs make perfect gifts for family and friends.
You’ve talked about DIYing your holiday gifts for years – this year, let’s do it! With these easy skincare recipes, you can make one-of-a-kind gifts that your friends and family will really appreciate. And it’ll be easy for you, too! These DIY skincare items only require following a few simple instructions.
The best thing about these recipes isn’t even how easy they are (have we mentioned that they’re super easy?). It’s that each and every ingredient is given the thumbs-up by the quality team at NOW® Solutions. They take their research very seriously, and each item is tested and approved by scientists in their world-class labs. Read more about their dedication to quality here!
Make these DIY skincare recipes even easier when you enter to win all of the ingredients in this post. All of your holiday shopping could be done, without having to spend a dime. Enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post!
3 DIY Skincare Recipes To Make This Holiday
Calming Body Scrub*
- 4 tablespoons finely granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rose Hip Seed Oil
- 20 drops Lavender Oil
- 1 ounce Argan Oil, Certified Organic
Mix ingredients in a jar. Buff skin in circular motion while in the shower and rinse off.
Romantic Bath Bombs*
- In bowl, stir together dry ingredients: cornstarch, baking soda, citric acid, (and dried flowers or herbs if using) breaking up lumps.
- Separately, mix together the wet ingredients: liquid coconut oil, water and essential oils.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing very thoroughly. The mixture sure be the consistency of fine, moist sand when you squeeze the mixture in your palm (TIP: If the mixture crumbles too easily, you can use a spray bottle to spritz water gradually to desired consistency.)
- If using dried flowers or herbs, place some in the bottom of each mold.
- Fill each mold with the damp powder mixture, pressing everything the mixture down firmly.
- Allow the molds to sit overnight to dry and harden before removing from the molds.
- For a fragrant and calming spa experience, add one bath bomb to your bath – or give away as memorable gifts!
Luxurious Lotion Bars
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Shea Butter (can substitute for Cocoa Butter or do ½ & ½ if preferred)
- 1 cup Beeswax
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E-Oil
- 25-50 drops (total) of the following oils:
Naturally Loveable Oil Blend
Rose Absolute Oil
Jasmine Absolute Oil
- Combine everything EXCEPT essential oils in a glass bowl or glass jar (make sure it’s something you do not want to use for food in the future)
- Place glass bowl over a small saucepan with at least 1 inch of water in it and melt the ingredients over medium heat, stirring constantly until they are completely melted.
- Have essential oil ready to go since the mixture will harden quickly. Turn heat to the lowest possible setting and add oils and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the mold of your choice (silicone baking molds are a great option or you can use cupcake liners in a regular cupcake tin as well).
- Allow filled molds to cool and harden until they can be popped out of the mold.
With these DIY skincare recipes, you can save time and money, while still giving everyone a thoughtful, homemade gift! Plus, this homemade skincare is made with ingredients that will keep their skin (and yours, if you keep some for yourself!) healthy and happy. Pure and natural, researched and tested. That’s what makes NOW® Solutions so unique, and that’s why we love them!