Welcome back to the FitFluential Radio Podcast! Today, Kevin and Kelly are providing you a recap of various topics currently being discussed throughout the health and wellness industry, including advanced bio-hacking techniques, “health food” product recalls, and the effects of genetically modified food to not only your overall health and wellness – but also how it affects our global environment.
In addition, Kelly and Kevin dive deep into the research article recently published by the Obesity Society regarding how your meal schedule could be affecting the way your body fights fat as well as the controversy happening in west coast USA regarding cell phone radiation.
This Week in Health and Wellness:
- Venture-backed company, Soylent, recalling one of their products due to many customers complaining of stomach and intestinal problems.
- Comparing the use of SARMs – Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators – versus the use of steroids as well as the side effects and results of each.
- According to the Obesity Society’s research, eating dinner earlier – or even skipping dinner – could be the key to fighting fat.
- How genetically modified foods can be destructive to your overall health as well as the planet.
- What are “good fats” and “bad fats?”
- How cell phone radiation affects your body – even with less bars and a weaker signal.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Powders and genetically modified foods do not provide optimal nutrition and health – to your body or the planet. If you want optimal health and nutrition, buy your food from farmer’s markets.
- SARMs offers better muscle-building results with less side effects.
- Eating your last meal around 3p.m. may help your body fight fat more effectively.
- Your body needs saturated fats – Omega-3 fatty acids. Source your food wisely and avoid “buying in” to blanket statements such as “Avoid meats.”
- Don’t keep your cell phone or tablet close to your body – even if you have only one signal bar.
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.
Remember our disclaimer: The materials and content discussed within this podcast are the opinions of Kevin Cottrell, Kelly Olexa and/or the guests interviewed. This information is intended as general information only for listeners of the podcast. Listeners should always seek professional advice, and the content and opinions expressed on the podcast should never be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.