There has been much discussion this week in the health and wellness industry revolving around veganism, circadian rhythm and cancer, and testosterone levels in men and women. On today’s FitFluential Radio episode, Kevin and Kelly share some of the information that has been circulating throughout the industry, providing their insight and personal experience regarding these topics.
Additionally, they have an interesting discussion about the importance of knowing the nutritional difference between pastured eggs and mass produced eggs as well as explaining the difference between a mammogram and thermogram and why women should consider getting one versus the other.
This Week in Health and Wellness:
- Why some people are successful on a vegan diet and why some are not
- Why you cannot do the vegan diet without vitamin B12
- Plant food doesn’t contain true vitamin A. It contains the pre-cursors.
- The potential link between circadian rhythms and cancer.
- Most effective ways to raise your testosterone and why it is important – even for women.
- The nutritional difference between pastured eggs and mass produced eggs.
- The importance of knowing what a mammogram does – or doesn’t – do for you.
- What thermogram screenings are, how they are more effective and reliable than mammogram screenings, and why they are safer for your health.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- 4 Reasons Why Some People Do Well as Vegans (While Others Fail Miserably) – Authority Nutrition
- Circadian rhythms and prostate cancer – Calories Proper
- Olli Sovijarvi on Increasing Testosterone by Shining Light on your Testicles – Biohacker Summit Blog
- An egg a day is okay: leading nutritionist – The Sydney Morning Herald
- Thermograms: Safer, More Accurate than Mammograms – Healthy Holistic Living
- We are all unique. We all have a unique blueprint. Do not discount that when trying to improve your health.
- Natural melatonin is critically important to the longevity of your overall health and wellness. You will never out supplement your way to health and wellness.
- Testosterone is critical to hormone health and balance – even for women.
- Pasteurized eggs are worth every penny. They may be a dollar or two more expensive, but you need to ask yourself – “Am I worth it?”
- Opting for thermograms instead of mammograms can reduce radiation exposure and provide more accurate results.
- Research your use of deodorants and their impact on your health.
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.
Remember our disclaimer: The materials and content discussed within this podcast are the opinions of Kevin Cottrell, Kelly Olexa and/or the guests interviewed. This information is intended as general information only for listeners of the podcast. Listeners should always seek professional advice, and the content and opinions expressed on the podcast should never be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.