Mark Divine served 20 years in the Navy SEALs, a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, and founder of NavySeals.com, SEALFIT.com, and UnbeatableMind.com. He practices yoga, meditation, and martial arts. He’s also a CPA and an MBA in finance from New York University Stern School of Business.
Today, he’ll talk about just how important it is to have mental toughness to pair with physical fitness as well as a few tips on how to achieve the kind of mentality that gets you closer to being the best version of yourself.
“You’re successful but you can be more successful if you can just pull it all together and focus on the right things at the right time for the right reasons.” – Commander Mark Divine
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The difference between working in and working out.
- Why mental training leads to superior physical performance
- What are Mark’s 3Ps
- How to learn what to focus on and how to maintain that focus for long term
- How to prepare for mentally tough challenges
- What is “Daily Discipline Practice”
- Mark’s Big 4 Skills
- How real Yoga helps train the mind
- The importance of having a positive outlook in life
- Stop everything, sit down and assess what’s important to you. Now ask yourself: What is your ideal version? What do you envision your ideal self to be like in the next few days, months, or even years?
- How to train mental toughness: Go out and do tough things.
Connect with Mark Divine:
- Unbeatable Mind
- Navy SEALs
- Unbeatable Mind Podcasts
- SEALFIT Podcasts
- Unbeatable Mind Book
- Way of the SEAL book
- SEALFIT Kokoro – April 28-30, 2017 & October 20-22,2017
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.