Heidi Powell is what we call the ultimate female force. She’s a trainer, a transformation specialist, an author, a savvy businesswoman, a health nut, and a mother of beautiful children. She’s the co-host of ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss and has since helped a lot of people choose a healthier and fitter life.
In today’s episode, Heidi talks about her many ups and downs, what her life was like before she found out what being fit means, and her tips on how to successfully transform yourself both inside and out.
“Losing weight or reaching any goal is like a game of poker. You have to have your cards and you play one card at a time.” Heidi Powell
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- An eating disorder is not always anorexia or bulimia; it’s not being able to find balance with nutrition.
- Some diets can get the best of you and make you feel stressed, even the most flexible ones like Macro tracking.
- Finding balance is everything so take a break on your diet every now and then.
- Doing everything strategically or slowly will lead to a long-term success specially when it comes to weight loss.
- Parents should be less concerned about kids liking them but more about raising productive human beings.
- Coaches play a major role in making sure the client sticks with the program. Without a coach, Heidi would be a totally different person.
- Investing in yourself will always reap more than what you pay for.
- It’s not about the weight or how you look but how you love yourself.
- Trusting the process and the coach is important when it comes to a successful transformation.
- When you invest money in yourself, not only are saving money on healthcare cost but you’re also clearing you mind as you bring more things other than money into your life.
Connect with Heidi Powell:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Choose More, Lose More, for Life by Chris Powell
- Extreme Transformation: Lifelong Weight Loss in 21 Days by Chris and Heidi Powell
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.
Remember our disclaimer: The materials and content discussed within this podcast are the opinions of Kevin Cottrell, Kelly Olexa and/or the guests interviewed. This information is intended as general information only for listeners of the podcast. Listeners should always seek professional advice, and the content and opinions expressed on the podcast should never be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.