Tara Grant, also known as Primal Girl, has been living an ancestral lifestyle since 2009. Her story wasn’t all rainbows and butterflies, though, as she also struggled with her weight and her own body issues all throughout her life.
Before she knew of the Paleo diet, she tried other fad diets which literally did nothing for her. Even the doctors didn’t know what to do with her condition. It wasn’t until she read about living a Paleo lifestyle that she finally managed to bring about a huge transformation. She has since actively told her story, her struggles and successes, so she can serve as an inspiration to others.
In today’s episode, Tara talks about the many changes she’s made to transform herself, her own fitness inspirations, and her story of how she changed her life from being a 260 lbs. struggling dieter to a 143 lbs. personal trainer.
“Listen to your gut, to yourself. If something works or doesn’t work for you then that’s true for you.” Tara Grant
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The many fad diets she tried that didn’t work despite her fondness of training and dieting.
- What book inspired her to revise her lifestyle for the better.
- She felt so weak and riddled with autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, it was like she was an 80-year-old in her 20’s.
- Her body had insulin issues so the Paleo diet was perfect due to the low carb requirement. She went full paleo overnight.
- Having too much dairy in your diet might be what’s causing you many health problems.
- Full functional movement, with or without weights, is better than using machines.
- Being able to bend over and touch your toes is a pretty good indication of health.
- The importance of sleeping and waking up in a more “natural” manner.
- Eliminating blue light is the best practice before sleep.
- Be more social outside your phone. Physical human interaction is a necessity for our survival as a species.
- We’re the only mammals that think we need milk after nursing so try and see what happens when you remove all forms of dairy for at least 30 days.
Connect with Tara Grant:
- Primal Girl Official Website
- Email: Tara@primalgirl.com
- Join Tara on her live video chats weekly on Facebook
Mentioned in this episode:
- Primal Blueprint book by Mark Sisson
- The Hidden Plague book by Tara Grant
- Philips Wake-up Light with colored sunrise simulation
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.
Remember our disclaimer: The materials and content discussed within this podcast are the opinions of Kevin Cottrell, Kelly Olexa and/or the guests interviewed. This information is intended as general information only for listeners of the podcast. Listeners should always seek professional advice, and the content and opinions expressed on the podcast should never be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.