Kelly Gregorakis is a senior Yoga and Meditation teacher. She has a certification on Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction from the Jon Kabat-Zinn program in the University of Massachusetts. She believes 90% of diseases is caused by too much stress and because of that, she teaches people how to convert stress to empowerment, calm, and centeredness.
In today’s episode, Kelly talks about her amazing life transformation when she found out about Yoga. She’ll tell us what her life was before Yoga, her inspirations, her thoughts on the importance of meditation in having a quality life, and how her life has since been afterwards.
“Yoga is not unlike baking lasagna, it’s layer after layer after layer. Sometimes that’s how life is; you’re not just adding but also removing layers.” Kelly Gregorakis
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Yoga is not just about sitting and chanting for an hour a day. It’s about priorities and self-care.
- How Kelly struggled incorporating yoga into her life at first due to many life priorities and how she’s able to balance it all now.
- Yoga isn’t just about having a flexible body but also possessing a flexible mentality.
- Yoga is a way to encourage the ourselves to explore our mind, something our world does not openly encourage.
- A simple change such as negative self-talk to positive self-talk is a way of transformation
- What yoga is really about vs what most people think it’s about.
- Likeminded individuals, such as a yoga community, will encourage you to do what you feel is good for you.
- We’re under no obligation to make sense with what we choose. It is important to stop thinking what others feel about your choices and simply think if your choices are what makes you at peace with yourself.
- Yoga and meditation can turn you into a higher version of yourself.
Connect with Kelly Gregorakis:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Jordan Bloom
- Douglas Brooks
- Charly Om
- Om Movement studio
- Skanda Yoga
- Dharma Yoga
- TRIO – Mind Body Spirit Studio
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.
Remember our disclaimer: The materials and content discussed within this podcast are the opinions of Kevin Cottrell, Kelly Olexa and/or the guests interviewed. This information is intended as general information only for listeners of the podcast. Listeners should always seek professional advice, and the content and opinions expressed on the podcast should never be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.