On today’s episode, we are going to dive deep into Kevin Cottrell’s transformation story. Kevin is a lifelong serial entrepreneur with extensive experience in business. He’s a former real estate business owner originally from the Silicon Valley area in California who moved his business and family to the warmer pastures of Austin, Texas. You wouldn’t know it by simply looking at him, but he is a 53-year-old man that is healthier than most 20 year olds – and looks the part as well!
My health and weight loss transformation – Kevin Cottrell
Kevin takes us on his journey through his previous health experiences and issues, including his melanoma diagnosis, his wife’s health issues several years ago, and explains how – through the power of intense research – he and his wife began using the Paleo diet, in conjunction with other healthy choices, to transform their health and wellness.
Let’s start the journey!
“The benefit you get on a longevity health tract is that you can actually start to regress your perceived age.” – Kevin Cottrell
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Kevin’s experience into the health and wellness lifestyle.
- His melanoma diagnosis.
- His wife’s health and medical challenges.
- How he became interested in the Paleo lifestyle.
- How he went from having approximately 30% body fat composition to 11-13% with only a 12-pound difference in his weight.
- How he now works out a lot less, is outside a lot more, and sleeps more than he did before and is significantly healthier.
- The “minimum effective dose” strategy.
- His 3.0 transformation era – simplification and a strong focus on quality.
- His advice for people just starting to focus on transforming their health.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Robb Wolf – The Paleo Solution Podcast
- 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferriss
- Outside Magazine Article by Tim Ferriss
Optimizing your circadian rhythm and biology – focusing on your mitochondria on up – beats any workout plan you can read about, learn about, or buy. It beats any diet plan and is more fundamental to your core.
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.
Remember our disclaimer: The materials and content discussed within this podcast are the opinions of Kevin Cottrell, Kelly Olexa and/or the guests interviewed. This information is intended as general information only for listeners of the podcast. Listeners should always seek professional advice, and the content and opinions expressed on the podcast should never be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.