Thyroid health expert Dr. Amy Meyrs joins Kevin on the show today to discuss the importance of thyroid health and what simple things you can do to improve your thyroid health and get your life back on track. Amy is a renowned leader in functional medicine, a New York Times bestselling author, and has helped thousands of people around the world recover from chronic illnesses through her dietary-based program ? The Meyer’s Way.
Amy received her doctorate degree in medicine at the LSU Health Science Center and has spent five years working in emergency medicine before training at the Institute for Functional Medicine. Moreover, she has personally experienced thyroid dysfunction issues, and understands the thyroid epidemic from the patients point of view as well as the medical professional. Today, she shares her story and describes in detail about the small changes you can make in your diet and lifestyle that can significantly ? and positively ? impact your health and well-being.
“Your thyroid can’t grow back, but your adrenals can recover. There are things you can do to get your life back.” ? Dr. Amy Myers
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Why 60% of the estimated 27-million Americans suffering from thyroid dysfunction are unaware of the problem.
- How thyroid problems can manifest.
- What is Graves’ Disease and Hashimoto Disease?
- Why Amy believes so many conventional doctors overlook or misdiagnose thyroid problems.
- What nutrients your thyroid needs in order to function at optimal levels.
- What you can do to get your thyroid tested.
- Amy’s opinion on taking iodine supplements for thyroid health.
- What are the risks or side effects of taking too much iodine?
- How stress can affect thyroid function and health.
- What is a “leaky gut?”
- Amy’s perspective on the importance of air quality.
- Amy’s perspective on drinking water quality, water with chloride, and plastic bottled water.
- What are BPA’s and how do they affect the thyroid?
- Why morning and evening sunlight is important to your health and how it contributes to your overall health.
- What areas in your body and health does your circadian rhythm affect?
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Amy Meyer’s book: The Auto-Immune Solution
- Amy Meyer’s book: The Thyroid Connection
- My Labs for Life
- Amy Meyer’s website
- The Meyer’s Way Multi
- The Iodine Crisis book by Dr. David Brownstein
- lux software
There are natural ways to approach thyroid dysfunction problems. There is hope and there are things you can do to get to the root of the cause and get your life back!
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.
Remember our disclaimer: The materials and content discussed within this podcast are the opinions of Kevin Cottrell, Kelly Olexa and/or the guests interviewed. This information is intended as general information only for listeners of the podcast. Listeners should always seek professional advice, and the content and opinions expressed on the podcast should never be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.