On yesterday’s episode of FitFluential Radio, we introduced you to Kevin’s good friend, Alex Charfen, when he shared his transformation story. Today, Alex rejoins us on the show to share his insight and experience regarding circadian principles, staying hydrated, reducing artificial light stimulus, and figuring out your body’s natural healing forces to optimize your health and wellness.
Alex shares many valuable tips, resources, information and tools that he has incorporated throughout his everyday life, at home and at work, that have made a significant impact on his sleep quality, wellness, and overall health.
“It’s crazy how many things you can do that don’t feel like a workout, aren’t difficult, and give you massive health rewards.” Alex Charfen
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Blue and green light after sunset “tricks” your body into believing it is daytime instead of time for bed.
- Receptors for blue and green light aren’t only in the retinas of your eyes, but also in your skin.
- Artificial light significantly strains your eyes and eye muscles.
- Radiation emissions from cell phones and how to reduce or prevent exposure.
- The effects Alex has noticed in his children by blocking or significantly reducing their exposure to blue light, green light, and cell phone radiation.
- Why 75% of Americans are dehydrated.
- Water promotes wellness and helps your body fight off infection
- If you can figure out the natural healing force within your body, disease goes away.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Color Tint (for Apple devices)
- Twilight (for Android devices)
- Pong Cases
- Airtube Headset
- Get Thirsty Now website
The best test on anything you do for your health is to ask yourself, “how does it make me feel?” If you are moving in the right direction with your health, you consistently feel better all of the time.
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.
Remember our disclaimer: The materials and content discussed within this podcast are the opinions of Kevin Cottrell, Kelly Olexa and/or the guests interviewed. This information is intended as general information only for listeners of the podcast. Listeners should always seek professional advice, and the content and opinions expressed on the podcast should never be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.