Dr. Lauren Noel is a licensed naturopathic doctor that has treated over 5,000 patients in the last 6 years. She received her doctorate in naturopathic medicine from the National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon and specializes in treating patients with digestive disorders, thyroid and hormonal imbalances, and auto-immune diseases. Dr. Lauren is a frequent guest lecturer on a number of health radio shows and presents at numerous medical conferences.
She joins us today to discuss how hormonal changes within the body affect men and women differently, the symptoms both men and women may experience due to hormonal imbalances, as well as what environmental triggers may be associated with these imbalances and what small lifestyle changes you can do to help your body get back on track.
Think about your health as an investment.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The signs and symptoms of hormonal imbalances in both men and women
- How lifestyle choices could contribute to a man’s testosterone level and other hormone issues.
- How sugar consumption and insulin surges effect the way a man’s body uses testosterone.
- How sleep deprivation and circadian rhythm impacts hormonal health.
- How environmental factors like water and plastic can affect hormonal levels.
- How hormonal imbalances affect fertility.
- When women should have their hormones tested based on ovulation.
- Why hormone urine level testing is important for both men and women and what it can indicate to your doctor.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Connect with Dr. Lauren Noel:
- Lauren Noel’s website – (Grab a free copy of her book: Wired but Tired!)
- Shine Natural Medicine
- Lo Radio podcast on iTunes and Stitcher
Be proactive in learning about your health. Look into things. You know your body better than anyone, including doctors.
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.
Remember our disclaimer: The materials and content discussed within this podcast are the opinions of Kevin Cottrell, Kelly Olexa and/or the guests interviewed. This information is intended as general information only for listeners of the podcast. Listeners should always seek professional advice, and the content and opinions expressed on the podcast should never be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.