Certified strength and conditioning specialist Josh Henkin joins us on the show today to share his knowledge and experience in utilizing functional health and movement techniques to improve longevity and rehabilitate the body, particularly through the use of sandbag training. Josh is the founder of Dynamic Variable Resistance Training, a fitness system designed to improve your strength and range of motion.
For over 20 years, Josh has been an active coach and contributor to the fitness and performance industry, establishing himself as a leader in the industry, and writing over 100 articles for numerous publications including Men’s Health, Muscle & Fitness, Shape, and T-Nation.
His passion is to get people “moving, performing, and living better,” through functional fitness training techniques as well as educate the community on the importance of proper training that focuses on improving the way you move by learning how your body is designed to move.
“Just like anything else – technique is everything.” Josh Henkin
In This Episodes You Will Learn:
- About Ultimate Sandbag and how John first became interested in the health, fitness, and functional fitness arena.
- Testimonials and stories he has heard that has impacted and inspired him throughout his career.
- Why many traditional gym workouts typically go against how the body was designed to move.
- What beginners should initially focus on when they start sandbag training and where they should start.
- The basic concepts of sandbag training.
- Why taking lessons from the past can help evolve and shape our future in fitness.
- Functional training is training the body as it is meant to move. To do that, you have to understand how it is designed to move.
- You want to build synergy among your fitness tools so you’re not using a tool just because it’s there; you’re using the tool because it is a better option than something else.
Connect with Josh Henkin:
- Ultimate Sandbag Training
- DVRT Fitness Group
- Ultimate Sandbag YouTube Channel
- Ultimate Sandbag Training Blog
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.
Remember our disclaimer: The materials and content discussed within this podcast are the opinions of Kevin Cottrell, Kelly Olexa and/or the guests interviewed. This information is intended as general information only for listeners of the podcast. Listeners should always seek professional advice, and the content and opinions expressed on the podcast should never be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.