Harness the power of Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog! We’ve got all the tips with direct links included for you to begin using pinterest power to drive visitors to your site.
Top Ten Pinterest Tips for Bloggers
At FitFluential, we’ve learned the power of Pinterest. It’s the social channel that sends the largest number of visitors to FitFluential.com. Pinterest is quickly rivaling Google as the preferred search method for many. Find out how to use this powerful platform to your blog’s advantage!
- Install the PIN IT button on your blog. This encourages visitors to pin your content – then everyone on Pinterest will see it!
- Get rich pins for your blog, and confirm your website. These give your pins and your profile a signature, professional look. They also give readers a preview of what’s in store in the post.
- Use a scheduler like Tailwind, Ahalogy, ViralTag or Coschedule and determine your optimum times to pin. Use the schedule to pin to multiple boards, including group boards to maximize your exposure.
- Join group boards to increase your audience. Find these by searching out the boards of popular pinners or try searching Pin Groupie.
- Title your images for pinterest optimization before you publish your blog. Use relevant key words so pinners can find your pins. How to do this will depend on where your blog is housed. In WordPress it looks like this:
- Add topics to your boards in the description section so pinners can find them.
- Use long, vertical images to take advantage of the Pinterest sorting algorithm
- Use one pinnable image in each post. This includes the title of the post and makes people want to click on the pin to read the post. Think of it as a teaser or headline. Consider choosing a signature font so that your pins all have a branded quality.
- Install a Pinterest widget on your site to direct your readers to your Pinterest profile.
- Images, images, images. Use colorful, sharp and inviting images. Make pinners want to click to learn more! Utilize stock sites to put a picture to the words you’re saying on your blog. Work on your photography skills and watch your pageviews explode!
Utilize the analytics from Pinterest to see what pinners like the best: this will show you what they click on and pin the most, as well as which boards are most popular. Schedulers like Tailwind and Ahalogy also have analytics to show you trends that you can optimize.