Sponsored by Empower Fitness. Get 20% off with code FITFLUENTIAL!
Working out at home is one of our favorite ways to get active. Our philosophy is that no matter where you are, you can get in a great workout. So why not do it at home? With incredible home workout equipment and resources, there’s no excuse, and with the convenience of having a gym in your own home, you’re bound to see results!
We love working out at home, and have about a million reasons why you should too. But since no one has time to read through a million reasons, we’ve narrowed it down to our top 10.
10 Reasons To Love Home Workouts
1. You don’t need to leave your house. Of course this is number one on our list – there are some days when we just don’t have time to drive to the gym, and knowing that you can work out at home means that you never have to skip a day!
2. You never have to wait for your equipment. There is nothing worse than having to wait for your machine. At home, you basically have the entire gym to yourself. Score.
3. Creativity can flow. No dip machine? Use the kitchen counter. No weights? Grab some water bottles. Working out at home makes you use your brain as well as your body, unless you have a complete home gym, in which case, can we come over?
4.Home workout gear is better than ever. While you don’t need a lot of equipment for a great workout, the items now available are high quality and extremely functional. Using a Boxing Boot Camp like the one from Empower Fitness includes gloves, a medicine ball, an exercise DVD and jump rope. It’s all you need for an at-home sweat session. Get 20% off when you use code FITFLUENTIAL!
5. Your mindset will be stronger. Without the eyes of others on you, you have to commit 100% to your workout on your own. You have to decide not to spend your evening on the couch watching TV, but to get up and do something.
6. Wardrobe is not an issue. Who actually wants to get dressed for the gym? Throw on your ratty old t-shirt from college and those shorts that you’d never wear in public. Your home = no judgment zone.
7. You can inspire your family. If you have kids or a significant other, maybe seeing you work out will be what inspires them to be healthy! And that alone would make it all worth it.
8. Pre and post-workout nutrition is easier than ever. Pre workout. Shaker bottle. Protein. Other shaker bottle. Rice cake. Protein bar. Whatever you’re choice of pre/post workout nutrition, hauling it all to the gym can get a little ridiculous. And when you’re at home, you won’t forget a snack and not have anything to eat at the gym (been there, done that.)
9. You’ll save time. Let’s say you have a 15 minutes commute to the gym. To and from, that’s 30 whole minutes out of your day. Work out at home and spend that time doing things like making a healthy lunch to bring to work or getting too deep on Instagram.
10. You can do any type of workout. Feel like dancing? Dance. Feel like weight training? Lift. Want to practice yoga? Do it! At home, you’re not relegated to a specific workout. Punch it out with Boxing Boot Camp, HIIT it with a bodyweight tabata workout, practice your inversions – the options are endless!