sponsored by Relax The Back. Enter our giveaway below!
Is your workstation optimized for your health? If you work a typical 40 hour work week, that translates into a third of your day, five days a week, that you spend on the job. The details of your work space may be causing aches and pains that negatively affect your physical health and productivity, along with your stress and energy levels— in fact, 33% of work-related injuries are caused by poor work station setup.
Think your work station might be contributing to your pain problems, or know someone who could use some tips? Here are some DOs and DON’Ts:
DO keep moving. Set an alarm to remind you if you need it! Sitting for long periods wreaks havoc on your spine and circulation. Get up, stretch, MOVE!
DON’T use a desk or chair that’s not the proper height for your size. Everyone is different; find what works for you.
DO try to keep your body in a neutral posture, which creates the least strain on your body.
DON’T cradle your phone between your shoulder and ear.
DO keep your desk clear so you’re not forcing your body to work awkwardly around clutter.
DON’T keep your monitor too close or too far away, or hunch over a laptop. This can cause eye strain and headaches in addition to neck and back pain.
DO invest in workstation essentials that are ergonomic, and make sure they are adjusted to where you need them to be.
- Look for an office chair with proper lumbar support that adjusts to your body.
- A laptop raiser positions your laptop for optimum ergonomics while relieving eye and neck strain.
- A monitor arm makes it easy to adjust the height and position of your monitor to reduce upper back and neck pain.
- Use a footrest to reduce lower back pressure and increase blood flow.
- A bright, adjustable light can reduce headaches, eye fatigue and neck strain.
- Or try a standing desk to keep you moving! Less time spent sitting means less stress on your spine while increasing circulation and mental alertness.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to get an ergonomic office assessment from one of their trained neck-and-spine experts, or to find workplace essentials to gift your friends and co-workers!
Enter below for your chance to win a Workpad Sit-to-Stand Desk from Relax the Back! Designed with versatility and mobility in mind, this work table transitions effortlessly from a seating to standing position. And since it’s compact and equipped with castors, it fits easily in any space.