PHOTO CREDIT: PurelyTwins.com and KatrinaElle.com
No more looooooooong cardio sessions!
The focus of HIIT and TABATA style workouts is short, sweet and intense training sessions. It’s all about a period of work – at an intense level – followed by a period of rest.
Research has shown these types of workouts to be extremely effective for burning fat and calories, as outlined by The Daily Burn here. Another benefit of these types of workouts is the continued effect on your body even after you’re finished working out. FitFluential Ambassador Brad Gouthro explains here (video workout also included).
Want to learn even more about the different types of cardio workout training? Here’s a great overview from FitFluential Ambassador Alexandra of FunandFit.org on the different types of cardio, and why HIIT and TABATA workouts (High Intensity) could be right for you, depending on your goals.
1. Tabata Workout from Peanut Butter Fingers
2. 13 HIIT and TABATA workouts from FitFluential
3. Tabata-Style Slim Down from Run Pretty
4. Five Favorite Workouts from Live from La Quinta
5. Upper Body Workout from love life surf
6. Three’s a Charm Workout from love life surf
7. Short & Sweet Workout from Breathe Deeply and Smile
8. Legs on Fire tabata workout from Running Tall
15. Speed TABATA workout video from Brad Gouthro
9. HIIT in the bedroom bodyweight interval workout from Purely Twins
10. 20 minute tabata interval workout from Purely Twins
11. 5 Rounds Pyramid Plyo from Where’s the Beach?
12. Lordy Let’s Do 40 TRX Workout from Katrina Elle
13. 15 Minutes of HIIT Sweat Workout from Brad Gouthro
14. The Treadmill Sucks HIIT Cardio Workout from Brad Gouthro
DISCLAIMER: Remember to consult your physician before beginning these or any other physical activities to ensure you are healthy enough for exercise. HEALTH INFORMATION: Fitfluential LLC is not staffed by doctors, registered dieticians or certified personal trainers. Any advice provided on this site should not replace the information of a trained health professional. If, at any time, information is being provided by a healthcare professional, it is for informational purposes. All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. FitFluential is intended to provide general information only and does not attempt to give you advice that relates to your specific circumstances. You are advised to discuss your specific requirements with an independent healthcare representative, whether that is your doctor or registered dietician. Any new exercise regimen should not be started without consulting your doctor.